- I take a deep breath in as the first step to calm me down.
- I don’t respond to a situation unless I’m in a calm state of mind. If I’m not calm, I’m more likely to say something I’m going to regret.
- I try to see the positive aspect of negative situations, instead of rejecting the entire experience.
- I do ignore the negative parts of the message.
- I’m open about my mistakes; if I made one, I’ll admit it.
- If I did make a mistake, I remember this quote by George Bernard Shaw, “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”
- I try to speak in a calm, soft tone to reduce tension in negative situations.
- Realize there are always opportunities to become a better person even in negative situations.
- I try to maintain a positive view of other people, even if i don’t always agree with them.
- Realize that negative feelings just hurt me, and not the other person. Let it go.
- I try to listen to music or motivational videos on Youtube to improve my mood.
- I let it all out and vent to a close friend or my partner who encourages me to stay positive.
- I use a quote of the day app to keep the positive vibes coming in daily.
- Remember that negative situations are a natural part of life and they help you for future ups and downs.
- Remind myself that I can’t please everyone and sometimes you have to let some people go.
These are just a few of the ways I try to stay positive in negative situations that arise, do you have anything else to add? Please let me know in the comments!